Tuesday 18 June 2013

Frustration...

Today's blog post is about frustration with my zoom lens. I know, I know I've bitched and moaned about this already but today I need to do it again.

In the last two weeks I've spent a fortune (exaggerated) in bird food and feeders in the hope that I will attract some of the area's winged wild life partly because I love cute little birdies and the harsh, long winter has impacted their natural food sources so I want to do my bit to help them out. The other more selfish reason is to capture them in photos. 

In the last few days, the word seems to have gotten out that there's a smorgasbord of bird food available at my house. It's just a matter of time until the amazing photos of birds in all colors and sizes will be posted on my photo page(s). Ha, ha! 

Below is today's effort. 55 photos of various birds having a go at the peanut feeder. I've tried auto focus and manual focus. I've tried holding my breath, I've tried setting the camera on a stationary object (table, window sill). As usual, it's down to my worthless zoom lens. *facepalm*

So, enjoy the photo, have a good laugh at my expense but know this; I WILL get some amazing bird photos before the summer is out. Even if it means sitting very still and motionless two feet away from the feeders. Watch this space...

"A photographer is like a cod, which produces a million eggs in order that one may reach maturity." - George Bernard Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment